Skip to content
- Price volatility in the European carbon market: The role of participation and risk management (with Aurélie Slechten, Lancaster)
- Respecting priorities versus respecting preferences in school choice: When is there a tradeoff? (joint with Li Chen, University of Gothenburg and Juan Pereyra, Universidad de la República, Uruguay)
- The benefits and costs of information: Evidence from the New Zealand wholesale electricity market (joint with Stefan Bergheimer, ECARES, and Mar Reguant, Northwestern University)
- Price discovery in the New Zealand electricity market (joint with Stefan Bergheimer, ECARES, and Mar Reguant, Northwestern University)
- Endogenous preferences and the role of the mechanism in school choice
- Competition between Exchanges – Lessons from the Battle of the Bund (with Pai-Ling Yin, University of Southern California), March 2016
- Combination Bidding in Multi-unit Auctions (with M. Pesendorfer, LSE), CEPR working paper 6083, February 2007
- Electoral Rules and the Emergence of New Issue Dimensions, CEPR working paper 2769, January 2001.
- Information Aggregation in Emissions Markets with Abatement (with Aurélie Slechten, Lancaster), Annals of Economics and Statistics, Special Issue on Frontiers in Environmental Economics, 132, 53-79, 2018
- Broadening the market design approach to school choice, Oxford Review of Economic Policy, November 2017, 33(4), 613-634
- The Multi-unit Assignment Problem: Theory and Evidence from Course Allocation at Harvard (with Eric Budish), American Economic Review, August 2012, 102(5), 2237-71.
- Competition between Exchanges – a Research Agenda (with Pai-Ling Yin), International Journal of Industrial Organization, 29(3), May 2011, 329-336
- Procurement when Price and Quality Matter (with John Asker), Rand Journal of Economics, 41(1), Spring 2010, 1-34.
- Regulating school choice in Brussels, Brussels Studies, 34, November 2009.
- Properties of Scoring Auctions (with John Asker), Rand Journal of Economics, 39(1), Spring 2008, 69-85.
- The Effect of Bidders’ Asymmetries on Expected Revenue in Auctions, Games and Economic Behavior, 62 (2008), 1-25.
- Investment Incentives in Procurement Auctions (with Leandro Arozamena), Review of Economic Studies, 71(1), January 2004, 1-18.
- A Graphical Analysis of some Basic Results in Social Choice (with Antonio Rangel), Social Choice and Welfare, 19, 2002, 587-611.
Book chapters and policy-oriented publications
- Developments in Data for Economic Research (with 19 other authors), in: R. Blundell et al. (2017), Economics without Borders – Economic Research for European Policy Challenges, Cambridge University Press.
- Auctions for the Support of Renewables: When and how?, report for DG COMP (European Commission), August 2014
- What support mechanism is needed for flexible capacity in Belgium?, in Estache (ed.), The Next Generation of Economic Issues in Energy Policy in Europe, CEPR, 2014.
- Mixité sociale: le rôle des procédures d’inscriptions scolaires, in : Ph. Maystadt et al. (Eds), Proceedings of the 20th Congress of Belgian French-speaking Economists, November 2013, CIFoP editions (on the role of the school choice mechanism in promoting social diversity in school intakes)
- Quel enfant dans quelle école? Réflexions sur les inscriptions scolaires en Belgique (with Nicolas Gothelf), in: de Calataÿ et al. (Eds), Proceedings of the 18th Congress of Belgian French-speaking Economists, November 2009, CIFoP Editions.
- Auctioning Bus Routes: The London Experience (with Martin Pesendorfer), in: Peter Cramton, Yoav Shoham and Richard Steinberg (eds.), Combinatorial Auctions, MIT press, January 2006.
- Quality Issues in Contracts – Great Britain (with Yves Mathieu), Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the International Association for Public Transport (UITP), Florence, Italy, April 1995.
- Blundell, R., E. Cantillon, B. Chizzolini, M. Ivaldi, W. Leininger, R. Marimon, L. Matyas, F. Steen (2017), Economics without Borders – Economic Research for European Policy Challenges, Cambridge University Press.
- Cantillon, E, M. Cattelain, L. Denayer, P. Maystadt, P. Pestieau, B. Van der Linden and (2013), Le Modèle social belge: Quel avenir? (The future of the Belgian Social Model), Proceedings of the 20th Congress of the Belgian French-speaking economists, CIFoP editions.