Skip to content
- Price volatility in the European carbon market: The role of participation and risk management (with Aurélie Slechten, Lancaster)
- The benefits and costs of information: Evidence from the New Zealand wholesale electricity market (joint with Stefan Bergheimer, Compass Lexecon, and Mar Reguant, Northwestern University)
- Endogenous preferences and the role of the mechanism in school choice
- Who gains from market fragmentation? Evidence from the early stages of the EU carbon market (with Aurélie Slechten, Lancaster), July 2023 (Online Appendix)
- Respecting priorities versus respecting preferences in school choice: When is there a trade-off ? (joint with Li Chen, University of Gothenburg and Juan Pereyra, Universidad de la República, Uruguay), https://doi.org/10.48550/arXiv.2212.02881, December 2022
- Competition between Exchanges – Lessons from the Battle of the Bund (with Pai-Ling Yin, University of Southern California), March 2016
- Combination Bidding in Multi-unit Auctions (with M. Pesendorfer, LSE), CEPR working paper 6083, February 2007
- Electoral Rules and the Emergence of New Issue Dimensions, CEPR working paper 2769, January 2001.
- Price and quantity discovery without commitment (joint with Stefan Bergheimer, Compass Lexecon, and Mar Reguant, Northwestern University), International Journal of Industrial Organisation, 90 (2023), 102987
- Information Aggregation in Emissions Markets with Abatement (with Aurélie Slechten), Annals of Economics and Statistics, Special Issue on Frontiers in Environmental Economics, 132, 53-79, 2018
- Broadening the market design approach to school choice, Oxford Review of Economic Policy, November 2017, 33(4), 613-634
- The Multi-unit Assignment Problem: Theory and Evidence from Course Allocation at Harvard (with Eric Budish), American Economic Review, August 2012, 102(5), 2237-71.
- Competition between Exchanges – a Research Agenda (with Pai-Ling Yin), International Journal of Industrial Organization, 29(3), May 2011, 329-336
- Procurement when Price and Quality Matter (with John Asker), Rand Journal of Economics, 41(1), Spring 2010, 1-34.
- Regulating school choice in Brussels, Brussels Studies, 34, November 2009.
- Properties of Scoring Auctions (with John Asker), Rand Journal of Economics, 39(1), Spring 2008, 69-85.
- The Effect of Bidders’ Asymmetries on Expected Revenue in Auctions, Games and Economic Behavior, 62 (2008), 1-25.
- Investment Incentives in Procurement Auctions (with Leandro Arozamena), Review of Economic Studies, 71(1), January 2004, 1-18.
- A Graphical Analysis of some Basic Results in Social Choice (with Antonio Rangel), Social Choice and Welfare, 19, 2002, 587-611.
Book chapters and policy-oriented publications
- Phase-out policies, Chapter 5 in C. Gollier and D. Rohner (eds), Peace not pollution: How going green can tackle climate change and toxic politics, CEPR Press, June 2023
- Mobilizing private sector data for climate action, with Bertrand Collignon, Grégoire Denis and Guillaume Thys, Solvay Public Policy House, Report prepared for the Paris 21 Foundation, April 2023
- Electricity market design: Views from European economists, CEPR Policy Insight 120, March 2023 (17 authors)
- School admissions in England: The rules schools choose on which pupils to admit, with Simon Burgess, Mariagrazia Cavallo, Ellen Greaves and Min Zhang, March 2023
- Mixité sociale dans un système de libre choix scolaire: mise en oeuvre et résultats du système de double quota dans les écoles fondamentales de Gand (Belgique), with Jean Pierre Verhaeghe, CNESCO, March 2022
- Developments in Data for Economic Research (with 19 other authors), in: R. Blundell et al. (2017), Economics without Borders – Economic Research for European Policy Challenges, Cambridge University Press.
- Auctions for the Support of Renewables: When and how?, report for DG COMP (European Commission), August 2014
- What support mechanism is needed for flexible capacity in Belgium?, in Estache (ed.), The Next Generation of Economic Issues in Energy Policy in Europe, CEPR, 2014.
- Mixité sociale: le rôle des procédures d’inscriptions scolaires, in : Ph. Maystadt et al. (Eds), Proceedings of the 20th Congress of Belgian French-speaking Economists, November 2013, CIFoP editions (on the role of the school choice mechanism in promoting social diversity in school intakes)
- Quel enfant dans quelle école? Réflexions sur les inscriptions scolaires en Belgique (with Nicolas Gothelf), in: de Calataÿ et al. (Eds), Proceedings of the 18th Congress of Belgian French-speaking Economists, November 2009, CIFoP Editions.
- Auctioning Bus Routes: The London Experience (with Martin Pesendorfer), in: Peter Cramton, Yoav Shoham and Richard Steinberg (eds.), Combinatorial Auctions, MIT press, January 2006.
- Quality Issues in Contracts – Great Britain (with Yves Mathieu), Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the International Association for Public Transport (UITP), Florence, Italy, April 1995.
- Cantillon, E., S. Brunet, J. Eyckmans, A. Gautier, M. Muûls, F. Venmans (2023), Réussir la transition vers une économie zéro carbone, Proceedings of the 25th Congress of Belginan Economists, Editions Université Ouverte
- Blundell, R., E. Cantillon, B. Chizzolini, M. Ivaldi, W. Leininger, R. Marimon, L. Matyas, F. Steen (2017), Economics without Borders – Economic Research for European Policy Challenges, Cambridge University Press.
- Cantillon, E, M. Cattelain, L. Denayer, P. Maystadt, P. Pestieau, B. Van der Linden (2013), Le Modèle social belge: Quel avenir? (The future of the Belgian Social Model), Proceedings of the 20th Congress of the Belgian French-speaking economists, CIFoP editions.